Volunteers are needed to work with children with intellectual disabilities at Chicago Junior School, a public school in Denu.Please Note: -
An application fee of $100 is charged over and above the program fee as an application payment.Start Date
Volunteers can begin their project placement from any Monday of the month. Volunteers need to arrive one day prior to their program start date.Medical Healthcare Program Description
Volunteers must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the program. Medical and Nursing students and Professionals are welcome to join the program. All volunteers need to provide a copy of their certifications. Project Locations: Denu, Afao, Dzodze etc.
During your Free Time
- On the weekends, volunteers can go and visit the different places of interest in and around the city. During the weekends, you can visit tourist attractions like Wli Waterfalls, Tafi Monkey Sanctuary, Kakum Canopy Walk, Togo.
- Volunteers also take a trip to Cape Coast to relax in the beautiful beaches and see the famous Cape Coast castle.
VACI-Ghana strives hard to keep costs low and offers one of the most affordable volunteer abroad programs. Compare our prices and services to other organizations and you would be surprised to see the difference.Program Costs
Application fee $ 100 Program fee 2 weeks $ 300 Program fee 3 weeks $ 450 Program fee 4 weeks $ 600 Orientation fee $ 150
What are you Paying For?
- 24 hrs Assistance and support from Staff
- Comprehensive Pre- Departure Information
- Airport Pickup from Accra
- First night hotel stay in Accra, if required
- Transportation from Accra to Project city by Bus
- Food - 2 meals a day
- Travel & Medical Insurance (Available at an extra cost)
- Local Transportation
- Return Airport Drop(Can be arranged at an extra cost)
- Airport Receive/ Transfer: You will be met by our representative at Kotoka International Airport in Accra from where you are transferred to your project location. Volunteers will stay overnight in Accra at hotel accommodation provided by Volunteering Solutions and travel to the respective locations the next day.
- Orientation: A half day orientation will be provided by your local coordinator. Areas like culture, safety, locations, transportation are covered in the Orientation. After your orientation is over, you will be introduced to your project.
- Lodging: Volunteers will be staying with a standard Ghanaian Host family. Accommodation is either provided in an individual or shared room along with other volunteer. By staying with a family you will experience the local Ghanaian culture, language customs and traditions.
- Food: Volunteers are provided with 2 meals (breakfast and dinner) at the host family house. Ghanaian cuisine consists primarily of starches, soups, beans, and meat and fish. The Starches consist mainly of rice and doughy balls made from mashed cassava, plantain or yams.
- Pre-departure information: After we receive full and final payment all participants are provided by a pre-departure information booklet by e-mail which will have all vital information about your program. The Pre Departure Information Booklet provides the complete details of the country, project locations, Things to Pack list, Accommodations, Contact Information etc.
- In-country support: 24 hours support provided by our local staff. You will be provided with the contact details of the local coordinator and staff who will be contactable 24 hrs once you are in country.