Volunteer Placement Program Costs
Application fee = $150
Program Fees (based on duration of stay):
- 1 Weeks = $ 395 (US)
- 2 Weeks = $ 495 (US)
- 3 Weeks = $ 595 (US)
- 4 Weeks = $ 650 (US)
- 5 Weeks = $ 750 (US)
* Each extra week spent will attract a fee of $ 100 (US).
Volunteer Orientation fee of $150.The fee will cater for the cost of the following:
- Coaching and preparation in your home country by the country coordinator
- Participant pick-up from the airport in Accra
- Cost of hotel stay on first day in Ghana
- Transportation to project site/host family and VACI office
- A treated mosquitoe net
- A trip to The Cultural Centre, Accra and a basic introduction to drumming/music.
- Free SIM card on local mobile telecom network
What IS included in ALL these fees?
- Breakfast and Dinner
What IS NOT included in ALL these fees?
- Visa and Visa extension fees
- Personal expenses
- Education and Research program costs
* Payment can be made in any other currency equivalent to the USD value.
- Registration Fee is Non Refundable
- Program Fees are partially refundable, depending on how far in advance you decide to modify or cancel your program.
In Akatsi, Denu and Aflao there are a lot of guesthouses and hotels of varying standards and prices. Upon request VACI-Ghana will try to organize a type of volunteer's preference. Participants who prefer to stay in a hotel or guesthouse will have to incur the following additional costs:
Hotel/Guesthouse Room Cost:
- Economy : €10 - €15 or $13 - $20 respectively per night. Includes a bed, shower, fan and shared toilet facilities.
- Standard : €15 - €20 or $20 - $27 respectively. Includes a hot shower, separate toilet facilities, fan, air conditioning, table, and chair.
- Executive : €35 - €80. Includes breakfast, king-size bed, separate bath and toilet, air condition, table, chairs, telephone, TV and fridge.